Important Update: August 10, 2020
Senseonics announces agreement to collaborate with Ascensia Diabetes Care
Today we announced the signing of a collaboration and commercialization agreement between Senseonics, Incorporated, maker of the Eversense® brand of continuous glucose monitoring systems, and Ascensia Diabetes Care (Ascensia), maker of the CONTOUR® portfolio of blood glucose monitoring systems. This collaboration will help more people living with diabetes gain access to the Eversense CGM technology, with Ascensia taking responsibility for sales, marketing, and distribution of Eversense products in the US, effective in 2021. In advance of this date, Ascensia will begin to work alongside us on initial sales and marketing activities in 2020.
We are excited to be partnering with Ascensia, a global diabetes technology company that is a leader in the blood glucose monitoring market. Ascensia has a legacy of almost 80 years in diabetes care and shares the same passion and commitment to delivering highly accurate and state-of-the-art products for people with diabetes. We will continue providing the Eversense CGM system you have come to trust and rely on, as the only long term CGM system in the world. Going forward, Senseonics will continue to innovate our technology, including bringing advanced Eversense products with extended-life sensors to the US market upon FDA approval.
Together, we are working to plan and execute a smooth transition to ensure minimal disruption to you and your healthcare provider, including for your next sensor placement this year. In the near future, the sales, marketing and customer support function will be transferred to Ascensia with full support and guidance by our Senseonics team members. To read the press release, go to https://www.senseonics.com/investor-relations/news-releases/2020.
More information will be forthcoming from both Senseonics and Ascensia through our respective company websites, social media platforms, as well as direct messages to you, our valued users. We are committed to communicating openly with you as we move forward. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit https://www.eversensediabetes.com/ for updates. As always, our Customer Care team is available 24/7 to assist you at 844-SENSE4U (736-7348).
We look forward to a bright future with our collaboration with Ascensia and our ability to help you along your journey with diabetes. We thank you for your unwavering support of Eversense during this time of the global pandemic.
Francine Kaufman, MD and the Senseonics Leadership Team
To read the press release, click here.
To learn more about Ascensia Diabetes Care, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you tell me more about Ascensia as a company?
- Ascensia Diabetes Care is a growing global market leader offering premium, connected blood glucose monitoring systems and testing supplies to customers in over 125 countries. Their CONTOUR BGM utilizes advanced technology to provide leading accuracy and ease of use while integrating with several diabetes management apps to provide a premium user experience. They have apps and software to help with diabetes management and the meter links to some insulin pumps.
- Why was it important for Senseonics and Ascensia to have this collaboration?
- The collaboration helps ensure patients worldwide can more easily access and benefit from Eversense – Senseonics has the technology and Ascensia has the commercial infrastructure to make it happen, and both organizations are committed to making life with diabetes easier.
- Who do I contact for support?
- We will have the same numbers, website and support through Customer Care that we have now. We will continue to be available 24/7.
- Who do I call for my next sensor?
- There are no changes to the ordering process. Please reference the FAQs below for additional information about continuing with Eversense.
- How do I order my next sensor?
- Our distributor partners are open! Please reach out to your distributor directly. For contact information, click here.
- If you do not remember the distributor you last worked with, you can look at your recent Eversense invoices or a recent EOB (Explanation of Benefits) from your insurance company. Also, be on the lookout for a text/email from us 30 to 45 days before your sensor is due for replacement. Of course, if you have questions at any time, please call us at 844-SENSE4U.
- Is the Eversense Bridge Program still active and can I participate in the Program beyond my 2nd sensor?
- The Eversense Bridge Program has been extended to continue helping eligible patients with out-of-pocket costs for the Eversense product. This extension goes beyond your 2nd sensor!
- As a reminder, the Eversense Bridge Program covers the cost of the sensor product only. The sensor insertion/removal procedure has a separate cost – please inquire with your HCP regarding fees associated with the procedure.
- What about other Senseonics patient access programs – are they available?
- There have been significant changes to certain patient programs that previously may have covered the costs of sensor insertions and removals. Please make sure to inquire with your HCP regarding costs associated with these procedures.
- What if my inserting health care provider’s office is closed due to COVID-19 or no longer providing Eversense in their practice?
- We have Certified Eversense providers throughout the country who might be able to help you!
- If you require help locating an available provider, call 844-SENSE4U or email HCPservices@senseonics.com.
- If you are due for a sensor replacement but would rather wait for your own HCP or are experiencing travel restrictions due to COVID-19, do not worry - the sensor can stay in your arm safely past the 90-day wear time. However, you will not receive any readings once you have reached the 90-day wear time period.
If you have any billing questions, please contact your distributor or your Health Care Provider.
If you have product questions or a troubleshooting need, call Eversense Customer Care at 844-SENSE4U – we are here to help 24/7!
The Eversense Team